Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SINGAPURA DIARIES 808

[from friendster June 12, 2007]
EZEKIEL

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers…

Date: June 12, 2007 (Philippine Independence Day)
Time: around four in the afternoon
Setting: Lucky Plaza
Cast of Characters:
DON

·         got duped by ‘singkit’ for 100SGD for a Nokia cellphone two months ago.
·         Has always been looking forward for revenge ever since.
·         Thought that he already had his revenge about a month ago when he duped a guy (he thought was singkit) that he was buying his PSP for 500SGD.
·         Figured in a shouting match at the PSG shout box about two hours earlier and was looking forward for their EB fight at Orchard.
·         Got disappointed in that shouting incident and supposed to be EB fight because the guy made excuses “na hindi talo” in other words, the other guy chickened out.
SINGKIT

·         The one who duped Don two months ago.
·         Has managed to elude Don’s vengeance the preceding days after the incident by being absent or relocating his workplace.
Narratorhaving finished a sumptuous feast of ‘tosilog’ at Jologs resto, Don decided to make a stroll of Lucky Plaza. And then suddenly someone approached him with a big smile on his face.

SINGKIT: oh-la! My friend! I remember you!
DON: (surprised) who me?
SINGKIT: yah!
DON: (remembers) oh! It’s you! The one who sold me my super over-priced cellphone (reaches for his cellphone and shows it to the guy)
NarratorSingkit and Don argues, Singkit explains but Don does not want to understand. The arguments continue for about 30 minutes or so when Don quickly manages to photograph Singkit.

SINGKIT: (furious, tries to wrest the camera phone from Don) WHY?! Why do you have to take a picture of me? Are you my mama?! (grabs hold of Don’s collar)
DON: you can’t give me my money’s worth I’ll report you to the authorities.
SINGKIT: (points finger at Don) you do not know my temper!
Narrator: now Don and Singkit has their chest pressed and faces centimetres away from each other. A crowd of ‘uzizeros’ has begun to form. And Singkit’s friends are in a semi-arc formation.

DON: (keeping his cool, knowing all too well in his 60-day stay in SG that whoever throws the first punch is liable to pay the 1000SGD/hit) DO IT MAN! CMON! Throw the punch!
SINGKIT: you do it! I’ll fuck you!
DON: (peripherally sizing Singkit’s friends and adding up that he can take all of them) FUCK YOU! DO IT!
SINGKIT: FUCK YOU! You don’t know me!
DON: (smiling) you do not know me, who I am where I came from. DO IT ASSHOLE!
SINGKIT: FUCK YOU!
DON: let’s take this outside or at the toilet where no one can see.
SINGKIT: FUCK YOU FILIPINOS!
DON: I know how Singapore laws work man! Let’s take this where no one can see, CMON!
SINGKIT: FUCK YOU!
DON: well then DO IT! DO IT HERE! CMON!
SINGKIT: (cools down) I’ll fuck your momma!
DON: (still smiling) I’ll fuck yours too! FUCKING COWARD! CMON! DO IT!
Narratorthe fight is finished Singkit makes his way back to his stall and with crowd being tripled from the original number of ‘uzi’s were quite disappointed. As Don was about to leave…

DON: FUCKING COWARD! I got your picture, remember?! You FUCKING ASSHOLE!
Narratoroutside Lucky Plaza, it took Don only five minutes to puff away three sticks of nicotine. And he made his way back to the train station.

DON: (thinking and whispering to himself) punyetang Singapore to! Kayang kaya kalaban di pa magkatamaan, lecheng batas yan! Miss ko bigla batas ng Pinas! Magtagal pa ko ng isang buwan dito sigurado di nako marunong sumuntok at sa langit na punta ko! Tangina! Di pa kami tapos ng singkit na yun!
…and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. –Ezekiel 25:17

No comments:

Post a Comment